CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is cool. WWE retro shirts.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Empty
PostSubject: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 am

http://www.wweshop.com/category/Collections/OldSchool?cid=bn_201011ODSC-07

I think I might buy some of this. Especially the WCW and Raw Is War shirts.

But I think they could do better than this, with all the logos and names they own.

What about the nWo? or more of those old style ECW shirts? And i'm pretty sure there's nnothing legally stopping them from using likenesses they own of trademarks that they've acquired.

From what i've heard, unless the wrestler is deceased, there's no specific licensing arrangements they need to make for trademarks like DDP's WWE graphics and logo, or reprints of classic Steve Austin or Rock, since they can take just about any logo from the past and make money off it.

So I hope they expand their catalog of shirts and apparel in this area soon, because if so, I might actually spend some good money on this stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:41 am

I saw these a little while ago and meant to point them out to you. I quite like some of them myself.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 am

Nice...but as I plan to buy Thor, Iron Man and Tron body armour t-shirts I might wait a bit...;)
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 am

Y'know...

Now that I look back on this, 30 to 36 bucks for a T-shirt is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

And here I thought band shirts at concerts were ridiculous, but these take the cake.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 pm

I just got the WCW logo one.

You should ask for commission Mikey geek
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Those shirts are sooo November 30th 2010! They're way out of fashion now lol.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm

you know what fashion's like man. always changing quickly, these shirts are RETRO. and retro is IN!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 am

Steampunk...now that's retro! These t-shirts...not so much...Wink
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:21 am

WTF is a steampunk?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:10 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 am

A google search & Wikipedia session later...

Looks like an interesting concept, can't say I'd walk around wearing their getup though. You'd have to be, well, Myron, to do something like that :p
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 am

Actually, I quite like the Victorian vibe of the gear, and would certainly wear some of it. If I dress for a formal occasion (wedding, etc) I throw in a couple of Victorian touches, usually with waistcoats and pocket watches.

As a matter of fact, I was in Portobello Road this morning looking for a birthday present for someone, and I saw a few things our young Mr Fox would like. There's a new shop over there which has a fine range of hats with the right vibe, I saw several silver topped walking canes (including one with an 8 pointed star on the top) and a number of pocket watches.

I also saw a couple of pieces I bought elsewhere last year which - judging by the prices I paid - I should feel very guilty about absolutely stealing off the people I bought them from. One figure a guy wanted £165 for, I bought last year in Norfolk for £32.

Sadly, what I didn't see was anything right for my aunt for a birthday present!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:24 am

I love steampunk. DS, I'd be interested in going along to that shop when I'm down there. I like the sound of the cane. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:05 am

They were both appropriate vintage as well. One had a personal inscription on the top dated 1 November 1882, and the other was quite obviously the same sort of period. Think one was £85 and the other £95.

And don't worry - we'll cover them all when you are down.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 am

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is cool. WWE retro shirts.   This is cool. WWE retro shirts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is cool. WWE retro shirts.
Page 1 of 1