CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse.... Empty
PostSubject: Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse....   Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:24 pm

So, in another new chapter of this sad and miserable soap opera between WWE and THQ, things have gotten a lot worse in regards to this.

It's been revealed that, despite the confident press statement, as it REALLY turns out....

THQ is severely in debt to WWE by a grand total of $45 Million Dollars
as of the Chapter 11 filings.

Vince McMahon is said to personally be absolutely furious by this, and is so motivated to to get back at them, they are now interjecting themselves into the Bankruptcy proceedings to make sure that the dying company gets every cent owed to WWE, wrung out of whatever remains, or from whoever buys it.

So, it's not just a case of WWE slagging THQ off, they actually are in a very bad standing with them, and is actually more of an angry grudge right now, more so than I even had thought.

So, it's not just WWE failing to stick up for them as I thought, now with this $45 Million sum being the elephant in the room, WWE essentially wants to either get back every cent owed or crush them, entirely.

I think now it's VERY unlikely, that they'll be working together at ALL, anymore. Or possibly even a similar staff.

Sad to say, but I think it's a foregone conclusion that WWE video games are going to move to an entirely new publisher, and have to start over entirely at the bottom, square one of the development barrel.

Unless a miracle is worked out, and the WWE '12/13 Predator Engine is bought as part of the deal, (which I can't see them doing this as enough money has already been flushed as it is), looks like we're going to be getting a Year One franchise reboot from another company on the level of Midway's TNA Impact game.

Bleh.

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse....   Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:07 am

Unless WWE accept all rights to THQ's intellectual property and the freedom to hand it to another developer as part of a settlement deal, which they may do.

To be fair to WWE though, if I was owed $45m, I think I'd pursue it as well!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse....   Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Mjolnir wrote:
Unless WWE accept all rights to THQ's intellectual property and the freedom to hand it to another developer as part of a settlement deal, which they may do.

To be fair to WWE though, if I was owed $45m, I think I'd pursue it as well!

Agreed.

As much as I loathe to admit it, WWE has a legitimate complaint, and I feel a bit less respect for THQ and it's president. I still love the team that works on the game itself, but THQ as a company and it's company president, and it's management comes off as quite incompetent, if it owes it's own licencor $45 mil.

Even I can't defend that.

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse....   Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, this THQ news keeps on getting worse....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: WWE Video Games News & Discussion-
Jump to: